The placement phase is the most important period in the life of an engineering student. Those who prepare well and possess a decent CPI will surely be able to bag reputed jobs at major companies. The ideal time to start preparations is the moment summer vacations begin. One has ample time to brush up one's knowledge on the preferred Area of Interest (AOI). We present a step by step guideline on the ideal path to be followed by students to make the most of the data available on this website to ensure bright careers for themselves:
- Practice Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation/Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension preferably from CAT books (IMS, CL, TIME etc) and take a few Mocks to find out where you stand. These portions are common to all written exams taken by private companies as well as some PSU's like BEL etc.
- Decide whether you want a job in the Software sector, Core sector, Consultancies or PSU's.
- Go through the list of companies provided on this site and zero in on a set of at least 5-8 companies which are your dream companies. Also have a look at their tentative month of visit.
- Make a list of AOI's which are common among these companies. For e.g. if your dream companies are software ones then C, DS will be common to all and OOPs (C++, Java), OS, Networking will be common to some. Similarly for core companies DE will be common to all.
- Prepare the common subjects very well since these are absolutely necessary skills required to clear the written and perform well in the interview.
- Choose one or two other subjects according to your dream companies and master the topics which are mentioned in AOI section of this website. For e.g. in software you may choose OOP (C++), OS as your AOI in addition to C and DS.
- Above all know your capabilities and sit or wait for companies accordingly.
- Keep in mind that things always do not go exactly as planned so one may have to study more subjects apart from ones chosen AOI.